art by deedee comics

Welcome to my homepage. Here you'll find some of my random works falling off the hand from either a profesionel gig or from my sparetime fun..

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Follow up on "Et Børnehjem".


So, DR has their own film magazine where their review all the newest films, tv-series etc. that's coming out. This year a danish feature film about the orphanage boys at Godhavn orphanage came out. It had gotten a lot of great mentions in the press, and of course "Filmselskabet" at DR would also have to make a review of the film.
  I think it's amazing how a lot of talk about what happened back in 1950'ies at the orphanages is suddenly appearing every where. When I made my short film I was only inspired by the radio clip that I'm using in the film - I hadn't really heard it mentioned anywhere else. I mean, it was something I knew about, I had never really thought about investigating the matter even further. It was just a coincidence that I stumbled upon the radio program. And to be honest I didn't at first think about making the film because of the content of the story - I was merely fascinated by the standard of the sound clip, the way people behaved back then, the language and in general because I'm such a huge history nerd. But of course the story also touched me, which is why I ended up using this clip and not another from the same period ( which I kind of hope to continue to some day).

  Long story short, as this feature film about the Godhavn boys called "Der kommer en dag" was mentioned in "Filmselskabet" they wanted to dig around to see what else had been made in this genre and tad-daaa; my film was mentioned. It's somewhere half within the show. Unfortunately for the non-danish speakers; it' in danish:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home